As the title of the blog states, I am taking stock this month. More of a critique and review of myself and the goals I put forth for myself this year in writing to see if I’m track.
Well I started this Blog back in April of this year 2012…and before that in September 0f 2011 is when I really started getting serious with my writing.
I mainly started this Blog back in April to appease various publishers who want you to have a web presence for yourself so possible fans can find you and flock to you and worship you over the worldwide web….still waiting for that to happen.
I have never been great at kissing people’s asses in terms of marketing myself….I just wanna write , straight and simple. I am sincere in my writing in my blogpost and of my own opinions of those I follow so I hope that people that came to my blog saw that.
Now I have to stress I don’t consider myself a blogger. I just consider this my personal website and I’m your host who wants you to know more about me and what I’m about as a writer and direct you to where you can find my latest writings whether on here, Scribd, Amazon, Smashwords, or hopefully down the line other places around the web from minor to major publishers who pick up my work.
btw… To ring in Halloween – I will be doing a another FREEBIE promotion near Halloween this month for my Horror/Dark Fantasy Novella “Roadkill” on Amazon…so look for that to happen soon!
Back when I started this website I said I would keep you abreast of my progression of becoming a Fantasy Writer/Author . So here is a run down of what I have accomplished thus far from approximately a year ago along with my future goals in writing for the coming year 2013.
What I have written thus far:
1. Roadkill – Horror/Fantasy Novella 24,000 words (rejected many times by various Publishers and have went on to E-Publish it on Amazon but I am still submitting it to other publishers in the mean time.)
2. Devil in the Details – Urban Fantasy – 3,500 Words (Rejected many times by various Publishers, but still submitting, and have sent to Beta-readers for their critique)
3. Bits and Pieces – Urban Fantasy/Scienc Fiction – 8,000 Words , Entered into major contest and awaiting results. If it doesn’t place then I will submit to publishers and show on here as well for your reading pleasure….:)
4. A Fire to Extinguish – Science Fiction – 8,700 Words , Entered into a major contest and awaiting results. If it doesn’t place then I will submit to publishers and show on here as well for your reading pleasure….:)
5. Flight through the Forest – Heroic Flash Fantasy – 2,000 – Words, Rejected by various publishers BUT did get accepted by one non-paying publication entitled Quail-Bell Magazin online- I am still submitting to publishers aroudn the web.
6. Witch Hunt – Horror/Humor – 4,000 Words Entering into Halloween Contest at Carnage Conservatory this year.
7. Various Poetry amounting to approx 50-60 poems this year over approx 5,000 words between them all…I have turned some into publishers but as of yet none have been accepted…please check out most of my poetry here on my blog or over at Scribd the self publishing website. You can see most of my Poetry work here.
1. The Thing under the Bridge – Young Adult Fantasy Novel with a goal of 85,000 Words Currently up to 5,000+words. I am finishing up some outlining and research and then will be diving back into to the writing portion to finish hopefully by End of January 2013.
2. The Grate – Dark Urban Fantasy Story – 10,000 to 17,000 Word Goal currently up 2,000 Words. This will be another Contest entry before Dec 31st, 2012, and then later with submissions to various Publishers. (and will show on here as well)
3. From a Dark Place – Dark Fantasy Story – 10,000 to 17,000 Word Goal currently up to 4,000 Words. This will be another Contest entry for March 31st, 2013 Deadline, and then later with submissions to various Publishers. (and will show on here as well)
I am always brainstorming and have many small ideas as memos in my notes future story ideas BUT first these above must be finished and fleshed out completely..
I am trying to take the advice of a professional succesful writer who said it’s best to lose count of how many stories you have written then you know your working at a good pace. I know I am not there yet with that by a long shot but still I definitely want to have quality over quantity any day for my writing.
So I ask you to check out ALL my stuff that has been divulged to you thus far on here and other websites and comment if you feel like commenting on my stuff…it’s always appreciated.. THANKS
…and remember my FREEBIE for “ROADKILL” will be coming out soon on Amazon for the Kindle or for free electronic download on your computer….how’s that for self-marketing…:)